RE: OT: DECT phones - advice

Mark & Kenneth,

Thanks to both of you for the advice although I have chosen a completely
different alternative ;-)

I plumped for the samsung sp-r1000 as per the URL below.  I confess the
size
sold it to me but it has most of the features the onis and executive have.
I would have liked the hands free of the onis but having spoken to a friend
(who happens to manage a carphone warehouse) he tried it our for me and
didnt find it to be very good.  I guess your mileage may vary

http://www.freedom-mobiles.co.uk/spr6100.htm

My answer phone needs are already handled by linux on my home server so
again no need for that functionality either.

I realised after looking around that none of these devices have the
capability of communicating with pda's or pim's etc which it strikes me as
an obvious feature to have.  As such I took the easy option and brought the
one I thought looked the nicest!

Thanks
Kieran

p/s congratulations on the baby.  hope mother and daughter are doing well.