RE: BT lines

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BT lines
  • From: Garwood <themanse@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 23:13:34 +0100

I have a mate who works for BT and he says that the most likely place for a
bad line is between your house and the first main connection, either up the
pole, or at the green box in the road. BT only guarantee 28K and nothing
above. So if you place a fault call saying that you keep getting a crackle
on the line intermittently, when making voice calls. They will come and
test it and because it is intermittent, no fault will be found. However if
you keep making fault calls saying the same thing after a couple of times,
they will replace the cable between you and the first main connection.

This might help your speed.

Nigel