RE: First MP3 results in - Tim eats his words!

I must admit I've just (literally today) started using CDEX and the LAME
encoder that comes with it. The tracks from the 10 CDs I brought today have
been encoded as VBR with a minimum rate of 160 and a max of 320. I'm
currently feeding Winamp on a laptop downstairs, via wireless networking
into my Sony STR-DB925 - and I'm impressed, so much so that I've decided to
start from scratch and re-encode all my CDs again ready for the
DDARs...Errm Mark they can handle VBRs right, i'm not wasting my time am
I???

A.

On 07/05/01 at 21:57 Graham Howe wrote:

>Several people have heard my 192 joint stereo mp3's via my DDAR and
>reasonable hifi (not quite in TIms league but above average I would
guess)
>and all have agreed they sound very good. Infact I have not played a CD
>since getting this setup and on buying a new CD now, my first job is to
>convert it to MP3 and put it on the server (my last few purchases have
>never
>been listened to on a CD player).
>
>Graham

Grahams
>DDAR's.  How can I justify one of them without an MP3 server (with some
>MP3's to serve of course)!!!
>
>Ho hum, perhaps I'll really on my own ears for now.

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell ,1998,1999,2000...and beyond..

Operator; trace this call and tell me where I am.