RE: Escorted from PCWorld...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Escorted from PCWorld...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 17:11:28 +0100

Actually, looking at one of the two pics that I was able to take I can see
why they don't want you taking pics of the point of sale cards ...

The picture is of a Sony VAIO 809. The P.O.S. card lists it as being made
by
"ADVENT" (not Sony) and has the processor speed as 850 Gigahertz
(not
Megahertz) ... given that these are done and printed up by the company and
not by the store then this attention to detail is naff.

My last laptop was bought from PCWorld ... a Sony PCG-C1F wrongly priced up
at £700 instead of the £1,500 that they usually sold for at the time.

I also bought a 27Gb hard disc from them for £149 when DABS were selling
them for £279 (that was well over a year ago and possibly two).

On both occasions I had paid my money and had the receipt from the shop
when
one of their people came up to me as I was leaving and tried to tell me
that
as it had been incorrectly priced I couldn't buy it at that price ... on
both occasions I have made them aware that once they have handed me a
recipt
then they have sold me the product and any mistake is their problem. I had
bit of an "issue" with the laptop as I had also been really
cheeky and
bought it on an I/F credit agreement as I didn't have a ready £700 in my
account at the time and they tried to make my finance agreement null and
void but as I already had my copy of the signed paperwork then I hinted at
visit to the family solicitor which soon got things sorted.

Phil

Must