Re: Escorted from PCWorld...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Escorted from PCWorld...
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 01:18:16 +0100

I too have tended  to use PC World as a convenience store or just for
looking. They occasionally misprice things (product identification)- which
can lead to a bargain. Win 2K cost me =A314.95 I think.
However last time I was in I was looking at an iPaq and was accosted by =
very helpful salesperson who actually knew what he was talking about. Must
be the only one that PCW employ I hear you say. I was quite honest with him
and said that I would be buying one but not from them due to pricing.
He mentioned their price match but I dismissed this on the usual getout
they use of locally available & in stock. He then said that they now
had a
(not widely advertised) policy of price matching nationwide and with mail
order too. True to his word I told him what I had seen it at through
buy.com, he checked it on the web and price matched - saving =A390. So I
no=
use PC World as my local branch of Scan or whoever...Not sure how they deal
with daily special pages yet.
One thing they are keen on though is identical product. eg I wanted a
flash memory card for my ePod. PCW's brands were twice the price of the
mai=
order companies & I could not find a like for like offer so I bought
from
Scan in the end. I do have to say , as I might expect, that I don't think
PCW really 'treasure' me as a customer with my current shopping mode.

Kevin