RE: Security Camera Experiment

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Security Camera Experiment
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:44:43 +0100

Kenneth

you have two different problems here, first is to distribute the signal,
really the best bet is modulation for a home system, anything else is going
to be expensive and complex.

Second issue is handling multiple cameras, two ways to do this, the
professional way being to use a multiplexing unit and look at X number of
cams at once with the ability to zoom in on one. Second is to use a scan
type facility where the hardware constantly scans through the cameras and
gives you the capability to pick one.

With the second option it is easy enough to distribute the signal using a
modulator.

So basically use a scan and pick unit and then modulate the output to feed
your TV distribution system.

Just my opinion of course but it is cost effective ;)

Mick

Behalf Of