RE: HVAC

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HVAC
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:14:31 +0100

> They're made by Dallas Semiconductors and are being phased out with a
new
> (compatible) model phased in (the DS1282 or something like that) ...
> apparently the newer version has improved stability over the long
term.
> (Drifts less.)
>
> They're about £6 each and Maplin did them, as did RS and I think
> that Rapid
> Electronics do them too. I know that a guy called Brian Reynolds has
been
> using them for monitoring his Meerkat pens and runs.

I think the new part is DS18S20, its the direct replacement of the DS1820
which was witdrawn in December last year, its accuracy is +-0.5oC it is in
TO-92 package but they do a 8-pin SOIC (part DS18S20Z)

The DS1822 is a much less accurate part +- 2.0oC.

Rapid dont have any yet and have sold out of the old stock of the 1820, RS
do have stock of the old item but neither comapny has any stock or a date
of
availbility of the new DS8S20

John