RE: HVAC

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HVAC
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:08:41 +0100

Hi guys,

Maplin sell the DS1820 @ £5.99 ea, order No NJ85G. They are displayed on
page 294 of the current Maplin catalogue. I think the replacement is
DS18S20, but as yet I have not seen any.

I have 5 on one wire at the moment including one in a freezer which now
reads in the negative after a chip upgrade compliments of Li.

I have not had any errors (HEX 255) for ages now although the HV Status
Page
regularly displays "Controller Error # 118,

When fitting them I tried fitting into a transistor holder (I think) but I
seemed to be getting errors so eventually plumbed for soldering them, so
far
so good. I did have one corrode very early on and one leg fell off! but I
have soldered a cable to the tiny stump and it still seems to work! 'mazin.

Now getting the results into Excel is another story........

Brian.

NW1 5PX
> > Registered in England, Number 1664812
> >
> > This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is
> addressed and
> > may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the
> contrary, any
> > opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not
represent the
> > official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail
> in error,
> > please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
> this message
> > from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any
purposes, or
> > disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
> > co-operation.

anyway ;-)