Re: OT: where to get mio jetdirect cards for hp laserjet 4

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: where to get mio jetdirect cards for hp laserjet 4
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 22:59:17 +0100

Graham, I have a HP4 in the loft that I also acquired a couple of years ago
gratis, as the company were throwing it out in the belief that it was
faulty... (I don't know what the alleged fault was, or indeed if it really
is faulty, as I put it in the loft about 3 years ago, and it has been there
ever since!)

I will have a look and see if it has one... (hang on, I'll check now...)

Minutes elapse.......

Well, you're in luck mate, it has one in, which I guess I'd be willing to
slip your way in exchange for numerous pints of Grolsch....

It's a Pacific Data Products Pacific DirectNet, and I just extracted it
from
a HP 4 Plus. It has BNC anf RJ45 Ethernet ports, (10-base-T only), plus a
little button to chuck out a status print, rather than having to go through
the menu..

I only have the bare card, no box, manual, or driver disks... but as it is
presumably 100% HP JetDirect compatible, then any version of JetDirect
should be able to manage it...

I >was< planning to check out this printer to see if it really
>is< faulty
or not (and if so, whether it was an economical repair), as these are
actually very nice little printers! - but to be honest, I suppose if I
haven't got round to it for the past 3 years, I guess I'm probably never
going to!... (Plus if I >DO< ever get this printer operational, I
have a
Jetdirect EX external print server I could put it on instead...)

If you want it, I'll bring it along to the meet tomorrow...

There, how's that for service!

Paul G.