RE: UKHA_D Meet and Keiths KAT5...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: UKHA_D Meet and Keiths KAT5...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:34:39 +0100

> > (Ooops, reading from wrong piece of paper ... )
>
> That piece of paper must relate to the Windows01 show, one word, DIRE.

Thankfully myself and Ian Bird were running late and ended up camped out
with Li drinking mugs of tea and discussing HA until about 3pm ... a bit
like we did for the rest of the day but without the tea! Seems that we had
lucky escape from the "pleasures" of that particular
experience...

> Still, our inpromptu UKHA 'show' was several orders of magnitude
better.
> Thanks to Graham for organising the venue at such short notice, to
Mark
for
> UHKA, to Li as Laser, the folks from HAL and everyone who turned up to
make
> it an interesting evening.

> It was like a firework display when Keith showed his prototype ceiling
> mounted IR receiver.  Red LED 'ooh', yellow LED 'ah', orange LED
'oooh',
> blue LED 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh', purple LED
> 'ooooooooooooooooooohhhh'.

Ah yes ... I had forgotten about the "prototype" ceiling mounted
IR
receiver. The feedback circuit was cool - very cool - a veritable
"Austin
Powers-esque" experience but I think it should have been whipped out
earlier
in the day and the prototype built in ceiling mike, compressor, limiter,
noise gate and digital eq. pressed into dervice for the HAL demo. *grin*

> > Cheers for a very enjoyable day yesterday...
> >
> > Phil (The fat anoying bloke with the blue T-shirt and the
camera!)

> So where's the URL for the pictures then?  I mean you've had from 3am
> onwards.... and you only took a few (hundred)!!!

Erm ... I'm afraid that I have to admit that I don't actually have a URL,
web site or anything like that. Never had a need for one. I took about a
hundred pics in all which weighed in at about 288Mb so there's plenty of
crap ones in there of course - Li had been grumbling earlier on that I
hadn't taken any after lugging the thing into central London and so I made
up for it later. It took about 20 minutes to pull of the camera via USB. I
wish they had put firewire on this thing now! Not sure what the best way to
get them distributed is...

...suggestions gratefully received. (Want me to run up some CD's for
distibuting perhaps?)

Phil