RE: DOH! - why didn't I think of that before?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: DOH! - why didn't I think of that before?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:55:32 +0100

Nick,

Not that I'm aware of. - there is no mention of SNMP in the manual, no
mention of how/where to set community names etc. and no mention of a MIB
anywhere on either of the 2 accompanying CDs..

Also, I've not found \anything buried away in the config screens to suggest
any SNMP functionality.

However, they are firmware upgradable - apparently VPN support is supposed
to be coming later this year... So I guess anything's possible.

I have however already solved the DDNS registration issue by using an
alternate DDNS client. As I suggested though, it has to poll the router
every x minutes, in order to detect an IP change, and the minimum value I
am
allowed to set for x is (in this version of the client) 5 minutes, so I
have
a potential 5 minute lag between IP address change and DDNS registration
reflecting it...

Paul G.

>From: "Nick Gunn" <ngunn@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>