Re: Node zero in the loft

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 01:34:14 +0100, you wrote:

>You need to think SERIOUSLY about the temperature duing the summer. It
can=
=20
>get extremely hot up there. I have seen american houses where they
have=20
>large fans to blow air through the loft to keep it cool.

I was wondering about how hot or cold it could get up there, although
with the usual Scottish weather I doubt if it'll ever get _too_ extreme.

I'm looking into cases with additional cooling to cope with the heat of
summer, and assuming that if it's permanently on there shouldn't be any
problem in the winter.

>One thing confuses me though.....you say you have plenty of space in
the=20
>loft. Mine is so full of junk^H^H^H^H stuff that may be useful one day
tha=
t=20
>I have trouble even getting up there !!!

That's one of the advantages of moving house - you get to throw out all
the rubbish you haven't looked at for years.  Having moved twice in 2
years I've whittled down the junk pile to manageable proportions :-)

My new place is also a bungalow, which means a much bigger loft area for
the number of rooms compared to a 2 story.  You wouldn't believe how
many rolls of insulation it took to cover it (or how man trips to B & Q
to buy them).

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Senior R & D programmer    There are three kinds of people in the world
-
Visual Sciences Ltd.        those who can count, and those who can't...