RE: Re: (ukha_d) Batteries...

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: (ukha_d) Batteries...
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:27:28 +0100

They get caught by stupidity.

At work, consumption of batteries rose dramatically just before christmas.

My boss came down one year and asked the guy responsible for ordering the
stores why there has been so many "C" cells ordered especially as
he knew
we didnt have any official equipment that used them !!!!

There is also a cost benefit to the trade, Procell in large quantities are
dirt cheap.

When I started at Martlesham we used to be able to buy them from the onsite
stores. Sadly they have since closed it down. It was good while it lasted,
AA batteries were 13p each until they started selling them only in boxes,
then it was ?1-00 for 10 or 10p each.

Within 30 minutes of news of the stores closure leaking onto our intranet
newsgroup, the stores had sold out of EVERY single battery :-(

Keith