RE: Homemade Radiator (Was: Swish @ B&Q)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Homemade Radiator (Was: Swish @ B&Q)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:59:17 +0100

>I'm all for innovation keith but seriously look at the commercially
>available radiators ... the long panel radiators have fins bonded to
the
>back and really can belt out some heat if there's a boiler big enough
>powering them.

Alternatively, take a trip to the Ideal Home Exhibition, on right now at
Earls Court. - I have been in previous years, and remember very well
picking
up some leaflets from a radiator supplier that contained some FANTASTIC
looking radiator designs - Do you remember the teleport pods in the David
Cronenberg remake of The Fly? another one was bright red and looked like a
cross between a radiator and a hall coat rack / umbrella stand...

Unfortunately, I no longer have these leaflets, and they would no doubt be
long out of date by now, but I will be going to the IH show on Friday
6th....

The only downer is I did notice you said you were on a budget, and that is
likely to be the sticking point, These rads look absolutely stunning, but
no
prices were mentioned in the brochure, and as we all know, "if you
have to
ask...."

Paul G.