Comfort an Homevision inputs

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comfort an Homevision inputs
  • From: Eamon O'Gorman <eamonogorman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:29:30 +0100

I am just about to embark on wiring my new house for homevision and comfort
and I have a query for those of you who have done this already. My problem
is that I want to use the a mixture of inputs from homevision and comfort
for my PIR's and door contacts to do both my motion sensing for automated
lights and security system. Seeing as homevision does not have 9/12v dc to
power my PIR's I will have to use the 12v outputs which comfort provides to
power the PIR's. I reckon altogether I will have 24 separate inputs
available (16 from hv and 8 from comfort) to mix and match. I think I will
need about 13 PIR's first of all, and six door contacts.. Can I power all
of these PIR's from comfort ? While I can only use 8 inputs to comfort, I
could still use the power from comfort to supply the other 5 PIR's ? Or is
there a limit to the load on the 12v outputs from Comfort limiting the
number of PIR's I can power. What I am trying to do is avoid having to
purchase additional power supplies for this.

Secondly, can I common outputs from a single PIR to both comfort and
homevision ?. Ideally, I would like to have door contacts wired to comfort
for the security aspect of things, but it may be better to wire these to
hv, as they do not require power. Any ideas or advice on how anyone mixed
and matched these would be appreciated.

Finally, what is the idea of having a resistor on the end of contacts for
PIR's etc, I thought a simple N/O N/C contact would be all that was
required. Also, having been spoilt by homevision, anyone have any
suggestions on good guides to programming comfort, the manuals are pretty
unfriendly, or maybe my mind is just getting lazy?

Thanks,

Eamon