RE: Bathroom pullswitch to X10 compatible

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bathroom pullswitch to X10 compatible
  • From: Julian Tow <julian.tow@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:41:51 +0100

I used a momentary action pull unit - bought from a local electrical shop
for a tenner. They normally come with a red cord and are used in disabled
bathrooms for alarms. You can use the white cord from an old one to replace
the red.
It also had a pull to make and a break circuit, and I used both because I
am
controlling an AD10 (for the fan) and an LD11 for a dimmer tub. Both have
separate X10 addresses, so that I can turn the fan off over night etc. I
also send a 'dim directly to' value late at night and early in the morning
so preset the memory for a dimmer light over night and a normally bright
light during the day.
Finally - I use an MS13 to fire the lights overnight (via Homevision, and
use 'set directly to value' ), and it works well.

Julian

switch for
> > > lighting. I assume the conversion will require an xD10
module of
> > > some form but what do I use to replace the switch itself or
will
> > > a pull switch work with an xD10 solution?
> > >
> > > I require preset dim for nighttime visits which seems to
suggest
> > > an LD10(11 badged as 10) rather than AD10.
> > >
> > > Ultimately I want to get a motion sensor (MS13?) which must
> > > initially pick up the door as the motion to try and remove
how
> > > noticeable the X10 delay might be. However I also want the
manual
> > > backup for an interim solution until I get to motion
sensing.