Bizarre X-10 problems...

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Bizarre X-10 problems...
  • From: Mark Harrison <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:15:27 +0100

Hi all,

Having problems in the library... I have two "el cheapo halogen
uplighters"
that were dimming with Lamp Modules.

A little while ago, they stopped working, and I thought "hmmm...
probably
the wrong kind of dimmer... hope I've not broken anything."

Finally got around to looking at one of them last night, and unplugged the
light from the module, and plugged it into the next socket on the mains
block. The light stayed off. (The other light is on a different mains
block,
in a different wall socket.)

Then I removed the lamp module from the mains block and, the moment I
unplugged it, the light started working... Sure enough, plugging the lamp
module back in to the mains block, and immediately the light goes out...
Remove it, and the light comes back on...

What is going on here???

Mark