RE: Bathroom pullswitch to X10 compatible

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bathroom pullswitch to X10 compatible
  • From: "Bird, Ian" <ian.bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:45:47 +0100

A quick note on MS13 motion sensors. I used one until recently to turn on
my
kitchen lights. The delay was unacceptable (for Wifey anyway) at around 2
3 seconds. Also if the original motion detection is missed for any reason
(RF, X10 going walkies etc.) it is another ten seconds before the MS13 will
send another signal. Not good for WAF!

I got round this problem by installing a beam break (Maplins one modified
trigger a relay) where the IR LED's are on flying leads and mounted in the
door frame and the unit hidden away above the door. This turns on the light
quickly and sets a timer. When motion is detected. The timer is reset with
larger value by the MS13 on motion etc. etc. I don't try and count the
number of people in and out of the room!.

My longer term plan is to use the Bik sensors for the above although this
could prove challenging in a bathroom as you would need one for walking
people and another for someone in the bath. Quite easy to do though (in
theory).

Does anyone know of a cord operated momentary switch for use with LD11 or
similar for any bathroom X-10 setup? It is after all a legal requirement
that there is no mains + switch + wet hands connection. Tried fizzing Wifey
once already and it did not go down well but that is another not too
unhappy
a story.

Ian

for