RE: Halogen Lights and X-10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Halogen Lights and X-10
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <markh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 23:30:47 +0100

I recently installed a 3 halogen spotlight fitting from Homebase,
manufacturer Brilliant, cost around £50 or maybe a little more
IIRC. Although I can find the box someone cleared up and the
instructions are filed in that black hole all things go when you
need them only to be found while trying to find another victim of
it. Anyone have any experience of this brand?

Digressing slightly... why are the LW10 supplied screws so long!
The original fitting screws are too short but the supplied ones
too long for my "standard" light switch back box. Have to go hunt
for backbox screws now, oh and a new back box since the long ones
cracked it when they hit the back  - got carried away using them
as a temporary fixing :(

Mark.

Others seem
> > fine.
> >
> > To avoid any problems use mains halogens or wound transformers.
> >
> > M.

electronic
> >   >trannies lock
> >   >up X-10.
> >   >Anyone able to expand on that?
> >   >
> >   >Regards
> >   >
> >   >Steve
> >   >
for some info on
> >   >the subject.
> >   >
> >   >K.
> >   >
Halogen
> >   >lights be used
> >   >with LD11 din rail dimmers. I hadn't planned on using any
halogens in
> my
> >   >new house, but my wife has decided she now wants recessed
> lights in the
> >   >hallway. I know there are ways around using the low voltage
halogens,
> but
> >   >to be honest, I don't want to mess about changing
transformers