Re: X-10 Rf IR remote.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 3:14 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] X-10 Rf IR remote.

Lo Ian

> OKay, I'm having a "too good to be true" moment here:
>
> The 10148 remote on letsautomate.com, seems like a dream come true, at
least
> until the WAF rating is high enough on the system to convince her to
spring
> for a Pronto.......

me too :o)

> Some questions:
>
> Does this guy, really, switch both X-10, via a TM12, >and< Seven
IR
devices
> on it's own?

Yep

> Has anyone tried using it to control a sky digibox?

Yep
I have 4 of these remotes and have got them all working my pace sky box

> Does it learn codes by example, rather than by keying in numbers? I
have a
> rather obscure IR controlled video switcher which has four buttons
(one
for
> each source) and that's it!

It does learn codes, i have managed to get it learn 3 tv's 2 video's dvd
sky
box and most of my hifi controls (aiwa, but it doesnt like the volume up,
down, wont learn it for some reason)

To be honest, i can knock em, for £30 ya cant go wrong

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcar.demon.co.uk
Member of HAUG (Huddersfield Amiga User Group)

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of 1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own arse