RE: Bit the bullet...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bit the bullet...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:41:14 -0800

Phil,

I have studied this in depth of late after BT changed their pricing and it
equates to this:

BT Surftime package (evening an weekend access) = £19.99 a month with ALL
local calls (unlimited) under 60 minutes duration included and your line
rental.

BT Surftime package (evening an weekend access) = £14.99 a month with line
rental and some discounts.

Extra PSTN line = £9.59

So a PSTN x2 inclusive of all local calls off peak and weekend as well as
net access would cost £29.58 per month as opposed to £45.98 a month for a
similar package using HH and that's without the local unlimited calls.

In other words HH is £48.00 a quarter more expensive than standard lines
and
I think that is too expensive for what it is! Yes it does have advantages
and is better than two standard lines, but BT charge £39.99 a month, for
that kind of money I want DSL not some muffed up half-way-house between
true
ISDN and a standard line. If BT want an extra £200 a year out of me they
are
gonna have to do better than HH.

I will miss HH for convenience, but I won't miss the bill!

K.