RE: Confusion getting homevison onto TV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Confusion getting homevison onto TV
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:26:28 -0800

Graham,

This is on my "to-do" list as well! It seems nigh on impossible
with so many
different connections and sources that we (mostly) all seem to use. For
example, most of the TV/movies I watch are routed by S-Video from the VHS
player or DVD; even the old LD player is SV out. The reason being that for
my main viewing I generally use the projector, but elsewhere (obviously)
it's plain old CRT's. Luckily if I watch the TV it is only on one channel
only and switch using external tuners/sources (I regard TV's etc. as
monitors and nothing more) but anyone else in the house would not know this
and therefore, while I might get the message no-one else would.

I have a problem even hooking up external cameras because of this as,
effectively, I would have to modulate an RF signal round the house for all
the CRT's and have that signal taken, somehow, onto something that can
convert from RF to S-Video or I live without that feature where I mainly
watch TV. The something to convert RF to S-Video remains a mystery apart
from another video with S-Video out capability, but since standards
converter cost so much another VCR might just be the cheaper option.

As to the pop-ups and overlays I don't know, yet to get to that bit!

K.