RE: Confusion getting homevison onto TV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Confusion getting homevison onto TV
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:09:26 -0000

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll give up on this desire and instead
feed the video from the CCTV switcher to the homevison, feed the combined
output to the modulator and then distribute as a dedicated channel. I could
then use IR to switch any TV to the homevision channel when movement is
detected or a message is being sent (infact I could use IR distribution for
HV to switch automatically). If I had automatic switching in this way I
could of course turn it off when watching movies etc. Until I have several
KAT5 units I can't do composite or scart distribution as I only have CAT5,
CT100 and Speaker wire going to every room (there had to be a limit !).

Regards

Graham

the
> problems you
> describe of not being able to overlay several different sources.
>
> The only way round that is to duplicate the video overlay section of
> Homevision x number of times. It would probably be quite easy
> to drive all
> the video circuits with the same text so that every overlay
> unit did the
> same, but if you are goig to that much trouble you want the ability to
> display different text in each zone.
>
> There are several video overlay units available. Look at
> http://www.decadenet.com/ for
the "BOB-11"