CTI Peagasus vs Meteor

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: CTI Peagasus vs Meteor
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:39:19 +0000

Well, i'm going to take the plunge too. I have just been talking with
Pathway / Crucible about the Meteor and Pegasus products and would like to
endorse the views here that (once you get to speak to the right person)
the=
are great companies to deal with.  Really helpful.

One option product wise is that the Pegasus is effectively a Meteor wit=
a few Hayes compatible commands built in to handle call pickup, dial etc.
A=
standard it comes with a headset to allow handsfree operation but as an
option it is available with a 'soundcard' interface instead of the headset.
(Same cost)

This allows a PC HA system to have full control over the line, caller I=
and record to disk / send audio to line facility. Great for an application
=
have. One caveat - the handling of these facilities is not covered by any
application that is provided so you have your own software to develop. This
is particularly so for the voice part as the Pathway Active X I believe
(correct me if I am wrong Adrian) does not handle any voice functionality.
It was designed for the meteor. Not sure if it handles call dialling /
pickup either.

The Pegasus is a more expensive product at =A3150 but for those wanting=
do it all perspective it seems ideal. I am going to get one from Pathway
anyway and I will let you know.

Kevin