Re: Couple of things...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Couple of things...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:59:04 -0000

Also as an annual credit card customer, I am... fuming... that they are
forcing several things upon me...

- increasing my costs by over a third. - Good deal it may be, but that's
not
the point! - The point is they didn't ASK me if I wanted to, even worse
they
didn't (and still haven't) TOLD me about the change - which is breach of
their own T&C's, and finally they've made the change an
"opt-out" rather
than an "opt-in" I'm especially annoyed seing as they STILL have
essentially
the SAME package as I'm currently on (IE same cost, same off-peak hours
access), in their new rebranded package offerings yet strangely they choose
to "upgrade" me to a service that costs a 3rd more...

- Changing my access. Their website states that is it essential to download
"new dialler software" in order to be able to connect after
March31st. -
Now, I don't know yet whether this "new dialler software" is
anything more
than a standard windows DUN connectoid (with the new number in it), or if
it
is something more than that. - As I use MS Proxy server to connect, and
Proxy server autodial uses it's own DUN connection Manager, which is
dependant on using Windows DUN to connect, if they are forcing any change
this, then my proxy server will no longer be able to connect!

BT are the spawn of the devil as far as I am concerned! - now looking
around
for another ISP (yet again!)

Paul G.

>The worrying bit for myself as an annual credit card customer free
evenings
>and weekends is I am being forced into signing for 24hour access. OK so
it
>is a good deal 15.99 per month but they are reducing my webspace from
>unlimited to 10mb and unlimited email addresses to 5. My main problem
is I
>have some viideo on my pages exceeding the 10mb which I will now have
>transfer to another area (e.g. geocities) if I want to be able to
update my
>index or other pages.
>
>Campbell

packages at the end of
> > > this month
> >
> > AIUI it is not the surftime packages which are being changed but
the
>Credit
> > Card one for the freephone number especially since the new
Anytime