Couple of things...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Couple of things...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:40:11 -0000

Does anybody use BT Internet as their ISP? - if so there are a couple of
major changes ocurring to their "surftime" packages at the end of
this month
that they haven't exactly gone out of their way to publicise. (I only
happened to stumble on it by accident the other evening when I went to
check
out their website for another reason). If you get caught unaware, it could
result in your monthly access charges jumping by 33%, at at worst, you
could
lose access to the service!. Check out the "Important
Announcement" at
www.btinternet.com

Second: I just went and pre-registered for the Hometech show, to get my
"fast access" badge in advance. As might be expected given the
trade-only
nature of the show, it's all based around company registrations rather than
individuals. However, I went through the forms, filled in all the fields
(as
honestly as I could) - I used my real company details, and at the end I got
a confirmation of my registration, along with a nice image of how my badge
would look. I thought when I saw that, that it would be a good idea if we
all had UKHA badges, so we could recognise each other, and introduce
ourselves. I further thought that it would have been great if we could go
through the online registration supplying the UKHA details from the start,
and have Hometech produce these nice looking badges for us! (but by the
time
I'd got there, it was too late for me, - I'd already registered, and there
was no final confirmation before which I was given the option to change any
of the details)...

Lastly, I've been thinking for a while that it might be a good idea to have
a "swaps" forum for UKHA. - there must be loads of kit that we
all have
lying around unused and left over from previous upgrades and so on... (I
know I've got loads!) I've thrown away and given away loads in the past,
but
there's some stuff that just seems too good to dispose of like that, so it
sits there, gethering dust, taking space, and annoying SWMBO! (can you tell
I'm speaking from experience?). What do you think about using the group to
setup a swap-shop for this kind of stuff? - ideas? comments? opinions?

Cheers all.

Paul G.