Re: Re: Caller ID offer from Pathway Data Ltd!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Caller ID offer from Pathway Data Ltd!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:07:51 -0000

>One more to beta test my script :-)

Count me in too! - I received my Meteor yesterday morning...

>What haven't I tried? Bl**dy Home Highwayrobbery.

My first couple of simple tests aren't "too" encouraging... I
seem to have a
problem with my internal phones ringing when the unit is plugged into the
line, but it's too early yet to say much more than that, as I haven't yet
tried it in another socket, or directly in the HH NTE. It's a little odd to
describe, but it's as if a portion of the ring signal gets lost, with the
result that the internal phones do ring, but not properly. It's quite
noticable, and it goes away when I unplug the meteor.

I have to say though, that Adrian at Pathway has been a diamond! -
extremely
helpfull, - 1st class customer service!

>After speaking to the support @ Crucible Technologies my problem is
unheard
>of and my Meteor works fine for them. I should have a replacement soon
>which hopefully won't do the same or it's more frigging about to debug
the
>problem.

The problem above, which I have described to Adrian is also apparently a
new
one!, but Adrian's given me the number of the support chap at Crucible to
speak to, so I'll call him tomorrow.

> > > You want a copy of my Perl script? but you'll need to bug
Rich to

> >I would be interested in seeing it... any chance you can put it on
> >the list files area or are you just giving it out to a few?
>
>I'll be posting my perl script to the Homeseer message board but first

Out of Interest Vince, have you tried the Meteor with Homeseer Phone?, I
was
kinda hoping that I could just swap my existing Hayes modem for the Meteor,
and carry on using HSP as before. (only more reliable!)

Paul G.