RE: AD10 wiring for mains socket

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AD10 wiring for mains socket
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:49:14 -0000

Adam,

The AD10 should ideally be fed from a switched spur fused at 13Amps.

If not, your AD10 is only fused by the 32A breaker in the dis-board.

Also, if the AD10 ever locks up or you want to change the address you can
switch the spur off for 30 seconds and then power it back up. Without the
fused spur as a local isolator you would have to turn off the entire ring
main, then go round resetting videos, clocks etc :-(

You can see how I fitted my AD10 on my immersion heater at
http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/tutorials/ad10.html

Keith