RE: Digital Jukebox

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Digital Jukebox
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:36:53 -0000

I decided that those sorts of features were....

a. 	Not a feature that I wanted
b.	A small percentage of the total records (for my collection)
c.	Too time consuming to bother creating.

The whole point of designing your own Intranet Application is that
YOU get what YOU WANT.

Mark's Schema looks fine for what he wants to do. Personally, although I
could probably name at least 80% of Artist/titles between 1955 and 1991
(when I stopped DJing), I doubt if I could name more than 1% of band
members.

I think a persons knowledge of bands depends on whether they are an album
collector with copious sleeve notes to read giving loads of info, or a
collector of pop singles like myself. I buy records because I like the
sound
of them, I dont particularly care who or what it is.

Keith