Re: WAS: Library Software NOW: Call logging

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WAS: Library Software NOW: Call logging
  • From: Vince Goddard <vince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:05:29 +0000

At 20:55 15/03/2001, you wrote:
> >Yep I have the (HSP) phone switch but not using it yet as it needs
> >firmware update to support a different distinctive ring. I got the
Meteor

>Interesting... - would I be correct in assuming that new units would
already
>have the required firmware? - I ask because I was planning to buy one
of
>these pretty soon, assuming that it was proven to work in the UK.

Rich is holding off until all the bugs are ironed out as it costs him money
to get the firmware changed so he really only wants to do it once if pos.

What I need to know is the distinct ring type/number (1 or 2) others get
when an external call comes in.

> >because I can't find a modem that reports CID reliably
>

>Ditto!
>

> >(was hoping that the Meteor would but it needs to go back for a
mod).

>Ahh... I was thinking about buying one of these quite soon as well,
('cos I
>can't find a reliable modem). Again, do you know if the units on sale
now
>are already mod'ed?

It looks like the line voltage is low on my Home Highway so Crucible
Technologies are going to tweak the Meteor to get round this. Crucible same
this is not the norm and 100 of units work fine, bl**dy tipical for me to
have one that don't work properly.

> >The script I'm working on will log all calls and pass the incoming
caller
> >ID to HomeseerPhone (HSP). HSP can then answer the call if needed
based on
> >the CID. The HSP switch will allow me to pickup the internal phone
and
> >control Homeseer with it, etc.
> >

>Just to be clear, when you say you are logging ALL calls, do you
include
>OUTGOING calls as well? - I want to know how it is possible to log the
>details of an outgoing call, including the number dialled, which is
what
>Adam Stevens shows on his website...

The Meteor reports ONLINE (phone going off hook), OFFLINE (ring or phone
going on hook), Numbers/keys pressed and CID

>Paul G.

Vince G.

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp