RE: Digital Jukebox

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Digital Jukebox
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:15:59 +0100

Keith,

Can you get the Guinness Book on CD?

I've been thinking long and hard about getting either a Lansonic or
AudioRequest device to playback my CD (MP3s) collection. The Lansonic
device is winning at the moment because it has a good RS232/Ethernet
protocol allowing you to get all sorts of information about tracks etc..
The interface is nice on the AudioRequest (but do I want the TV on to play
music? ) especially when SWMBO has to be able to use it. With the Lansonic
I could write either a set of html/asp pages with an interface or a direct
connection from my EP**S. The idea would be to look up other info on a
track (things like who wrote the original song etc...)

Thinking about it, I think it would need to be a set of HTML./ASP pages
because of the DB lookups involved... the only thing is browsing some
pages on my EP**S gives me a blank HTML page and "Done" in the
status
bar.. I don't want to create loads of pages only to find it wont work!!!

Your search engine seems pretty sophisticated..... which would be
interesting to take a butchers at...

A.

Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
16/03/2001 10:00