RE: Library Software

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Library Software
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:30:09 -0000

From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 March 2001 14:28
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Library Software

>BUT, I still don't know how he manages to log OUTGOING calls as well...
this
>must require some hardware device to monitor the phone line, and be
aware
of
>when any phone in the house goes on-hook/off-hook, and must also be
able to
>receive the DTMF tones that any house phone puts on the line to
dial....

You could try a suitable PBX. I use an Omnicom FS2828 from Maplin (about
300
quid). It's a fairly well featured 2-line 8-extension PBX with a serial
port
for printer output. I connected this serial port to my HA server and wrote
some software to log the calls. It logs the extension number, dialled
number, date, time and duration for outgoing calls. It's doesn't have any
support for caller id, so it can't log the callers number for incoming
calls. Also - and this is the same for all analogue PBXs as far as I'm
aware, it doesn't present caller id to the extensions. However, a caller id
unit attached to the incoming line, combined with the output from the PBX
provides the information you need.

Steve