RE: Library Software

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Library Software
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:28:20 -0000

>Caller ID is easy with the Solwise unit.  I haven't got it but they do
>provide all the stuff you need to interface with the unit ;)  Again, it
>shouldn't take too long to get that working, especially if you can get
hold

Yeah, I'm familiar with the Solwise unit, although I don't have one either
(yet). I've been using a Hayes Accura modem for caller-ID for a while, but
I'm not happy with it's reliability, so I'd like to replace it soon with a
dedicated unit. I plan to use it with Homeseer Phone, so I've first got to
find out if the caller-ID data format the Solwise unit provides is
compatible...

>of a database of UK codes and locations.  Interestingly I found one
earlier
>today at:
>
>http://www.btinternet.com/~conceptuk/ukcodes.zip

OK, I'll check that out....

BUT, I still don't know how he manages to log OUTGOING calls as well...
this
must require some hardware device to monitor the phone line, and be aware
of
when any phone in the house goes on-hook/off-hook, and must also be able to
receive the DTMF tones that any house phone puts on the line to dial....

> > Particularly impressed with the phone log. - What hardware do
> > you use to
> > monitor the line (esp. for outgoing calls)

Paul G.