Re: WAS: Library Software NOW: Call logging

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WAS: Library Software NOW: Call logging
  • From: Vince Goddard <vince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:11:54 +0000

At 14:47 15/03/2001, you wrote:

> >I'm currently working on a Homeseer (Perl) script using the Meteor
to log
> >incoming & outgoing calls but am having a few problems with
the Meteor &
> >HH.
> >

>You have the Homeseer phone switch don't you? - now with THAT, I can
see
>logging the outgoing calls, but I just can't see it being achievable
without
>such a device monitoring the line...
>
>Paul G.

Paul,

Yep I have the (HSP) phone switch but not using it yet as it needs a
firmware update to support a different distinctive ring. I got the Meteor
because I can't find a modem that reports CID reliably (was hoping that the
Meteor would but it needs to go back for a mod).

The script I'm working on will log all calls and pass the incoming caller
ID to HomeseerPhone (HSP). HSP can then answer the call if needed based on
the CID. The HSP switch will allow me to pickup the internal phone and
control Homeseer with it, etc.

Just need to get a working Meteor and a HSP switch that does not use the
same RING as an external call.

Vince

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp