RE: Library Software

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Library Software
  • From: "Adam Stevens" <adam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:32:06 -0000

> Particularly impressed with the phone log. - What hardware do you use
> monitor the line (esp. for outgoing calls)

It's a Meteor box.  I run a home-grown win32 application for the server
which logs all calls to a database (and announces then over the speakers).
All the web side stuff does is read the databases.

> All in all, >exactly< the kind of thing I want.... (hint
hint...)

Well, the web side stuff is all pretty simple... As long as you know how to
a little bit of ASP coding, and can access a database, then there's not
much
to it.  The only software I run is HomeSeer, and the CallerID software.
There's some stuff about it at www.habitron.com - Although that's more
about
the WAP side of it really! (Did I mention I can access most of that via a
WAP phone! :-).

All the X10 logging is done via VBScripts under Homeseer... Again it logs
all X10 activity to a database, which makes it easier to report on past
events (rather than relying on the HomeSeer log) - It makes the graphs
possible, although I'm still not quite sure what use they are! :-)

Adam.