RE: Library Software

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Library Software
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:13:19 +0100

Sorry,

I'll try again:

..but I think that half the HA community on the planet is trying to
access it!!

A.

andy.powell@xxxxxxx
15/03/2001 14:00
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     ukha_d@xxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        RE: [ukha_d] Library Software

..but I think that half the HA community on the planet is not trying to
access it!!

A.

andy.powell@xxxxxxx
15/03/2001 13:53
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     ukha_d@xxxxxxx
cc:

That is totally kewl!!!!

A.

"Adam Stevens" <adam@xxxxxxx>
15/03/2001 13:52
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
cc:

I use an Access database (soon to be SQL Server) to catalog MP3 tracks
which
I've ripped from my CDs.  I also found the CDDB problem with compilation
CD's, but there are a few bits of software out there which will rename the
ID tag depending on the file name - This works quite well as the files are
generally saved as "<artist> - <track>.mp3".  I found
it surprisingly
pain-less to re-ID tag all my MP3s.

I'm not at home at the moment, and can't remember the name of the software

use to do this, however it also has a really nice feature which allows a
CSV
file to be created of all MP3 files, which can then be imported into a
database (or Excel).  I'll dig it out this evening if you're interested.

Take a look at http://zz9.dyndns.org/home/music/mp3search.asp
to see what it
looks like (click on "login as guest", and wait a while... The
database
access is a little slow at the moment, hence the change to SQL Server
soon! - Mind you, there are over 10,000 MP3s there!).

Cheers,
Adam.

number" to the
> original
>
> On the CDs, I think the same applies. I've had trouble with CDDB on
> compilation CDs, where the "performer/artist" field _isn't_
at
> the CD level
> but the track level...
>
> Mark

> **********
> Kingfisher plc
> Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1
5PX
> Registered in England, Number 1664812
>
> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and
> may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
any
> opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent
the
> official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
> please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message
> from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes,
or
> disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
> co-operation.

This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank you.