Re: Radio mics

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Radio mics
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:13:53 -0000

Adam,

My initial thoughts were along much the same lines.

However, when I looked into radio mic's, I found that there seemed to be 2
completely opposite ends of the market, and >nothing< in-between...

At one end, (the affordable end!), there seemed to be a very small number
of
products available for around the £30-£50 mark, such as one availablie in
M***ins, for £39.95

Then at the other end, there's the "proper" radio mic systems,
with clip-on
lapel mics, belt-pack transmitters, and so on, just like you see TV
presenters wearing. None of these systems seemed to be available for less
than £200.

There doesn't seem to be anything in-between, for around the £90 mark...

The cheap-end mics are obviously that. I actually bought one of the
M***plin
£40 jobs, as there was no way I could go to £200 for a microphone!! (SWMBO
would kill me!), and as it was pretty much the only choice I had, and I
thought even a cheap one would be better than nothing at all...

The thing is huge! - don't mean to offend anyone, but honestly, the best
comparison I can think of to describe it's dimensions, is to say it is
about
the same shape and size as a large dildo! (sorry!)

Performance is nothing to write home about, but then I haven't done any VR
training with this mic, so that won't be helping!

HTH.

Paul G.