Re: My UN-automated Home :-(

Phillip Harris wrote:

> This is what I am assuming too...
>
> However, I also have a friend who supplies my employer with computer
> equipment and he has a few contacts within Sony and he has found out
the
> following:
>
> 1) Sony UK have no more stocks of the standard life batteries at all -
no
> further batches are being made either.

Oh dear...

> 2) They really do state in the small print that the batteries are only
> covered for three months - I'm going to see if I can contact Citizen
Advice
> on this one.

Always a dodgy one, is there a statement at the end to the general lines of
'this warranty does not affect your statutory rights'?

> 3) As it is obviously an annoyance for me (!?!?) then my friend has
been
> given a memory expansion for my VAIO whether or not I decide to buy
another
> battery!
>
> Phil

You sound very calm, well the memory expansion is a nice touch, but if you
wanted a desktop machine the mem would have been dirt cheap anyway.

Good luck

Calum - you know my last message, which yours was a reply to, still hasn't
arrived in my inbox :-{