Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: WHA, controlling MP3's
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:42:46 +0100

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

>Now I just need to get a hotsync >cable< instead of my cradle, so
I can
>stick the palm to the side of my bedside table with a bit of velcro or
>something...

If you keep your cable plugged in it will drain the batteries.. it keeps
the serial port open!!

A.

"Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
06/03/2001 01:00
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     ukha_d@xxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        Re: [ukha_d] Re: WHA, controlling MP3's

>Whoa! Hang on, I think I may have the wrong end of the stick with this
>particular plug-in, Does this one use the serial cradle rather than the
IR?

AHA! - I just checked my stash of downloaded plugins (over the last few
months, I've downloaded just about every remote control type plugin that
ever been written!), and sure enough, there it was, just waiting for me to

try.

Hopped over to palm.com, DL'd the latest palm desktop, Installed PalmAMP
2.0, and I'm in like Flyn! - works a treat.

Now I just need to get a hotsync >cable< instead of my cradle, so I
can
stick the palm to the side of my bedside table with a bit of velcro or
something...

Cheers.

Paul G.

>- If so, that could be pretty useful as an interface for my bedside
>table...
>Actually, I wonder if I could make this a more general HA controller
for
>the
>bedside... I have a spare laptop that I was thinking about putting into
the
>bedroom, but I am a bit concerned about having the whole laptop thing
>either
>on top of (or glued to the side of!) my bedside cabinet - it's not
totally
>silent in use, a keyboard/nipple mouse is way way from being a
comfortable
>control interface, it would take up too much room, etc. etc. - I had
been
>thinking about hiding it away under the cupboard, and using some form
of
>external control, but hadn't figure oud what exactly... The palm in its
>cradle would be ideal for that, if it is a simple serial connection,
then
>wonder if I could use something like ACE running on the laptop, with
all
>the
>input/output going through the palm?
>
>Thoughts anyone?
>
>Paul G.

This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank you.