Re: Video ripping question?

From: "Paul Miller" <pmiller@xxxxxxx>
> over the last day or so I have been playing with virtual dub, and I
can
get
> excellent video and audio quality - just not in sync :( any tips

There are two types of audio/video sync problems. first one is where your
video is "sliding" away from the audio. if this is the case, then
your sync
should get gradually, worse as the capture goes on.

You can fix this by after capture, opening the file again, going to
Video>Frame Rate. Under frame rate conversion, click the "change so
that
audio and video durations match" and then do a "direct stream
copy" of both
video and audio to another file.

when capturing, make sure you use 25fps as a capture rate rather than 30.
PAL really gives incredibly bad results if you capture at 30fps.

The other is "bursty" sync loss, which is usually (not always)
associated
with dropped frames. the following settings will minimise this, as it's a
>lot< harder to deal with.

In capture Mode, go to Capture>Settings and ensure that the "lock
video
stream to audio" box is checked, and under Capture>Timing, make
sure that
"adjust video clock dynamically to match audio clock" is checked.

if this is too much for the list, someone scream, and we will take it
private....

Ian.