Re: Video ripping question?

> I have the ATI all in wonder pro and I get the feeling from earlier
comments
> that you can get some reasonable results from this card if you use the
right
> codec. the question is which codec and which capture software would
you
use
> for VCR type results (nee TIVO)

I don't have the ideal solution as yet.

I use VirtualDub to capture video: it has a high performance capture
enginer
rather than just an AVICAP wrapper, which is why it can get such good
results.

What I have been in the habit of doing is to record an entire night at a
time, then chop out the programs I wanted to see. (I have a 27Gb capture
Drive)

Virtualdub supports flexible stop conditions, so you can say "stop
capturing
after so many seconds" or "stop when I am about to run out of
disk space"

I use this, and get it to stop after about twelve hours ;) if you find a
better solution, please, let me know!

Ian.