RE: WAS Curtain Control NOW B&Q and Screwfix

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: WAS Curtain Control NOW B&Q and Screwfix
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:01:56 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

Can I just say that the fact you are willing to even speak in defense
of your employer is a good indication.

In my own experience, B&Q seems to have extremes of staff. I have found
the older members of staff to be incredibly helpful and very
knowledgable, indeed, the advice on the best way to do stuff such as
routing cables (the suggestion of using a magnet on a string to route
cables has been brilliant!) has been priceless.

I also find the youngest members of staff to be very good: there seems
to be just the right set of prospects of "getting on" to motivate
these
people. If they don't know, they know who to ask.

The exception? the middle management, team leaders etc.

I will not deal with the Glasgow Great Western Road depot at all
anymore, because of the incredible arrogance and bad attitude of the
team leaders I have had to deal with. In one case, I had a textbook
perfect customer service experience, where I was offered a refund. The
amount involved a sign-off, and as soon as this guy appeared, he just
put on the worst attitude I have ever seen.

It's people like him who >earn< the "muppet" tag.

Ian.

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!