RE: My UN-automated Home :-(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: My UN-automated Home :-(
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:30:31 -0000

I always used to regard a Laptop as a PC with built in UPS but the two that
I have owned exhibited what I consider to absolutely stupid behaviour.

One was an IBM Thinkpad 755CX, the other a Toshiba Tecra 510CDT.

If you are using it undocked but running off the mains then you can turn
the
mains on and off with no effect other than the battery stops charging.
However, it the laptop is in the docking station and the power goes off, so
does the laptop. I presume it is something to do with the laptop not being
able to supply the needs of the docking station but if I was to use a
laptop
as an HA controller it would have to be undocked to use its "built in
UPS".

Keith