Re: [ukha_d] Result!! - Caller ID modem for £15

----- Original Message -----
From: David Paterson (Pixi) <david.paterson@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 20ec 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Result!! - Caller ID modem for £15

Are there any distinguishing features that would hint at a maker, or
even chipset typ( etc.?

I've been looking for a cheap caller ID modem for ages :-)

David, I will have a look tonight.

It's not all smiles though, unlike my other caller id modem there is no
nam(
string in the call info, normally this is ok as we dont have it in the uk
except for private (withheld) numbers, international calls, & a couple
of
others (I think). This means though that Homeseer Phone can't act upon
those
typ( of calls. I guess I could do a script to deal with no number info.

Justin

On Mon, 18 Jun 20ec 22:47:43 +0100, you wrote:

>After buying a 3 Com / USR message Pro modem just for caller id and
having
nothing but trouble with it I was about to buy a Meteor caller id unit I
spotted a no-nam( modem at a local shop (this guy actually operates out of
shed!) which claimed to be caller id compatible, I didn't believe it
(thought it was probably for US market or something) but thought I would
give it a go as it was cheap. It only bloody worked!!!
>I've been using it for a couple of days with Homeseer Phone (TAPI) with
no
problems under win 98.

>FYI: the modem is an internal PCI HARDWARE modem (not winmodem) the
instructions say to install as Ambient HaM Data Fax voice but the drivers
actually install as Intel HaM Data Fax Voice.

>Just thought I would share this info in case any of you see one of
these
and don't bother getting it because it seems too cheap!