RE: Re: ISP with European access points?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: ISP with European access points?
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:21:15 +0100

Unfortunately it is back to plan A. My brother's largest client is Nokia,
and they all run round Finland accessing their emails with the things.
They'd be a bit pissed off if he pulled out a Vaio (or an iPAQ for that
matter) in the middle of a meeting.

Frankly I've had the thing (9210) for a day and a half, and I think it is a
pile of donkey wank. He's bought it on Vodafone, who don't support high
speed data, but do support gprs, which the phone doesn't support.

The whole thing is really clumsy, as it has a graphical user interface, but
no mouse (or mouse emulator). I tried to use the built in email client to
access my pop3 mailbox. It has a setting to download headers, but there
seems to be no way of selecting non-contiguous headers to download the full
message, unless you delete the headers you don't want to download!

The manual just glosses over the main features, as does the built in help,
about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

When I first started work I configured ans supported both unix and windows
system (and concurrent dos if you can remember that far back), so using a
phone should be a piece of cake for me. I should have been worried when he
brought it in to me saying his 13 year old son was struggling with it:)

Feel free to publish this as a review on your web-site Mark, including the
donkey wank comment - I think that sums up my feelings on the thing :)

Tim.