Re: Activehome and GMT

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Activehome and GMT
  • From: pollocmc@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:36:10 -0000

The only thing I could think of was to wire up a lamp module to my
b******s so that when she finds out how much I've spent she can get
some sort of retribution. Now that might bring a smile to her face :)

I had this idea a while back for automating my vertical blinds (I've
seen the most of retail options - too expensive for my liking given
that they appear to do very little or have too many features for my
limited requirements) and trotted off to Maplins and bought some bits
and bobs and a book titled "Electronics Made Simple". Well it
isn't
and and I've had to hide this stuff in the garage too. From reading a
lot of the posts, the garage seems to be where most of the HA stuff is
smuggled to.

Mark.

--- In ukha_d@y..., Dave McLaughlin <dave@d...> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Wire up something she has to find trouble or hassle to switch on.
>
> My other half has a water feature that is switched on in the garage.
> wired it up to an appliance module and now she can switch it on and
off via
> the remote control. You should see here smile when she does it. Not
bad for
> only a few days after buying the system (Thanks Homebase!!)
>
> I still have to convince her that it is a good idea to put the rest
of the
> house on auto but I am sure she will come round eventually (yeh,
right I
> hear you all shout) :o)
>
> Dave...
>
> At 09:46 27/06/01, you wrote:
> >It does give LonLat as well, presumably for locations not listed.
> >assumed that the numbers were accurate for glasgow but I'll check
that
> >out. I had thought of moving to homeseer but I think I read
somewhere
> >that you need a separate component for downloading the fast
macros.
> >Is that correct? I'm still trying to convince my nearest and
dearest
> >that we should have this stuff at all never mind tell her that
I'll