Re: Again singing praises of the KAT5s...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Again singing praises of the KAT5s...
  • From: campbell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:25:04 -0000

Keith,

I am very interested in a set of KAT 5 but after spending #100 in
Homebase the other day i must tread even more lightly. I would be
gratefrul if you could advise on this :

I have cat 5 from dvd to patchpanel which is the distribuited to a
number of circuits (5 at present). If I connect the receiver to one
end leaving the other still linked to tv's

1 will the receiver work
2 will any signal be viewable on the other tv's

I appreciate the solution would be multiple recievers, but that will
take a lot more tlc for swmbo

thanks
Campbell

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> As I have said before, one of the development tests was a
deliberately
> hostile environment. 185 metre run with the cable dropping 4 floors
in a
> cable riser strapped to a 4 core 240/415V mains cable carrying
about 200A.

> That is NOT how I normally install cable but a simulation of a
worst case
> scenario.
>
> I also had one run well in excess of 600 metres which had numerous
RJ45

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/