Re: Activehome and GMT

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Activehome and GMT
  • From: ewenjc@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:11:16 -0000

I think Keith is right that it is a DST problem.

When you select DST it sets the internal time in the interface to one
hour difference from you PC.  It makes the assumption that your PC
does not have DST.  If you leave the DST option off you should get
the interface and your PC on the same time.

-Ewen
P.S. www.x10.com have a newer version 1.42.  I don't know what they
have changed.

--- In ukha_d@y..., Keith Doxey <ukha@d...> wrote:
> Just a long shot as I dont use Activehome anymore.....
>
> is there an option for "Daylight Saving" or
"Summertime" in the
software.
> That could possibly account for the 1 hour discrepancy.
>
> Keith

Dusk
> times.
> >
> > There is a formula that given the Longitude & Latitude &
date will
> calculate
> > the dusk time, it could be that because you have chosen GMT as
your
> timezone
> > it's calculating the dusk time from the lonlat of London? Though
> because it
> > lets you set your location you would have thought it would know
the
> co-ords.
> >
> > Having said that I don't know how much difference there is
between
> dusk in
> > Glasgow & Dusk in London (though it is significant).
> >
> > I've never used Activehome, but is there any way you can give it
> your LonLat
> > co-ords?
> >
> > On Tuesday 26 June 2001 23:19 pm, you wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Bit of a newbie question but here goes.
> > >
> > > I've got ActiveHome (v1.41) installed and have been trying
get
> it
> > > to put the lights on at around dusk ("yawn" says
all you
diehards
> but
> > > you can blame homebase for these types of questions) I've
set
the
> > > timezone to GMT and the location to Glasgow(where I live!)
and
> > > clicked DST but the lights seem to come on an hour earlier
than
> reqd.
> > > Consequently I've had to put a 1hr delay on to make the
ligths
> come
> > > on around dusk and set them to go off at 00:45 to make them
go
off