RE: DDAR - Bulk Purchase (last post here)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DDAR - Bulk Purchase (last post here)
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:47:13 +0100

This discussion really should move off the list and I appologise to those of you not involved with the bulk purchase. However, just to let everyone know my intentions, I have not given up yet. I consider that this deal, if possible, is worth it even if it does cost everyone a few quid more (particularly as they are now $199 from Dell). I am only considering going over to the US because I can cover the cost (of a short trip) by avoiding sales tax and other shipping and handling costs. The stumbling block at the moment is Dell's inability to deliver on a set future date, regardless of notice period. I have offered to pay up front, and to name a delivery day only when they confirm that all units are ready to ship, but they can't sort this out. They are basically saying that I place the order and they deliver as soon as they can, this is of no use to me without a permanent delivery address. If anyone has any ideas here then let me know (off list) in the mean time I will keep trying. If anyone wants to pull out then I will understand, but you must tell me as soon as possible.

Regards

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Check