RE: Split aircon unit, info required

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Split aircon unit, info required
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:34:32 +0100

I don't see any reason why the internal unit couldn't be mounted on - say -
a pair of the mounting arms that you would use for wall mounting a
microwave. (I assume the wheels will come off.) However it has no inbuilt
provision for wall mounting and the display/control panel are mounted on
the
top face of the unit. I've been thinking about mounting mine about 1m off
the ground either side of the screen when I (finally) get round to
converting the garage into an AV room. The plan would be to enclose them
almost completely with just the air outlet and control panel visible. (The
air "inlet" at the back would be ducted in.)

By the way, has anyone dismantled their unit yet? I was wondering if the
display and control panel could be relocated a distance away from the unit
itself. I would have had mine in bits but it has those damn annoying
security screws that I had the drivers for in a set which I assumed I'd
never use and so have put away somewhere! (Of course "somewhere"
being a
place I now can't find.)

(overkill).